To help maintain consistancy throughout the site, here are some general guidlines for making edits on the Wikia.
Tables should use the class="article table" with the borader and cells set to 0 and the width set to 650, height undefined.
Bonus should be enter as the number and % sign, right justified.
Guidelines for filling in Infobox information
When adding images, contexts for the image field should be as follow:
Please note that spaces and capitalization are critical for Wikia articles. For example, test_picture.png and Test_Picture.png are completely different things!
- If an item requires multiple entries, such as awards with multple contracts or train sets with multiple different passenger cars, the items should be seperated with <br /> so that they appear on individual lines
- Item 1
- Item 1
In general, all names should relect the case and spelling within the TrainStation game itself. There are special cases that require additional modification:
- For most sets the locomotive name is different from the set name itself therefore the set name can be used as shown in the game. For those instances where the set name is the same as the locomotive '(Set)' should be added to the end to denote the distinction between the locomotive and the set itself.
|TrainStation Set Name||Locomotive Name||Wikia Set Name|
|Shanghai MT||Shanghai MT||Shanghai MT (Set)|
|PF II Train Set||PF F140 MS||PF II Train Set|
- Items that are awarded via the completion of contracts should be noted with the name of the contract and the specific contract number for which it is awarded. (As per the style used in the TrainStation game in the Buyback Shop.) Items that are awarded over multiple contracts should either reference the individual contracts or the contract person in general:
|Train Wagon||Lucy #4|
|Train Set||Mahatma #6|
|Train Set||Mahatma Contracts|
When adding images to TrainStation there are a few guidelines we like to follow.
- all images should be .png not .jpg or .gif
- if possible, remove the background from the image
- crop the image to eliminate blank space
- when uploading, please select the "Fair Use" option from the list of options
|The first step to adding a picture to the Wiki is getting the raw image. The best way to do it is from the Shop. Clicking on the image will open the Preview screen. You can copy it to your computer's clipboard using the Print Screen button. You can then paste the image into a program like Paint or Photoshop.|
|You can now crop some of the blue space out of the picture to make it easier to work on.|
|In Photoshop, you can use the "Magic Erase" tool to remove the background. In SumoPaint it is called the Magic Wand Tool. You will have to adjust the settings to find one that removes the background but doesn't destroy the details of the picture.|
|Once that is done, crop the image to remove all of the empty space and save it. Remember to select "Fair Use" as the license type when uploading it to the Wiki.|
|Now you can add the picture to the article. The templates have all been updated, so all you have to do it put in the file name.|
The images and the steps were all contributed by Bartsmid.
If you have created a new page, after publishing be sure to check the categories at the bottom of page. Add any categories that may be missing to help with classification.
When listing a contract or achievement award, follow the following style.
Name, type power
IR WDM-2, Diesel 9
Name type bonus
Name type bonus
Name, pass/hr, size
Greenwich (92/h , 20 )